RE3




Hi everyone! My name is Juanjo and this post includes a brief description and personal feelings on one of the most popular franchises in the history of video games,  as well as a survival horror classic #RE

More specifically, the third installment in the Resident Evil series,  originally released back on 22 September, 1999 and for which a remake has just been launched on several platforms. You are right! I am referring to Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
"It all began as an ordinary day in September, an ordinary day in Raccoon City, a city controlled by Umbrella..."
These are  the words Jill, the protagonist, pronounces in the opening scene. 
Let's contextualise this: 
Jill Valentine, who belongs to the S.T.A.R.S.(an acronym standing for "Special Tactics And Rescue Service) is making a desperate escape from a zombi-infested city. 
The game allows you to experience a terrifying single player campaign in which monsters and puzzles must be dealt with in order to clear the path and find out the root cause of such biohazard. This is, similar to a escape room, except for the monsters...😏. 
On top of this, if you finish the game, an extra game mode called "the mercenaries" will be unlocked. 

What is the reason why I like this game so much? 



I remember playing this game on my PS1 when I was a teenager and, far from simply dispatching frightening creatures, it was the inclusion of other significant elements (e.g. gameplay or soundtrack) that truly appealed to me. 

Each person experiences reality in a different way, and every time I think of this game it brings back good memories of me sitting alone (or with my friends) enjoying an ordinary evening or night, just like Jill Valentine "did". 

However...



I always bore in mind that my main source of well-being was provided by other type of activities:
  • Hanging out with friends. 
  • Doing sport. 
  • Reading or writing.

Therefore... enjoy videogames but, MOST IMPORTANTLY, enjoy real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment